Checklist for a well-working group
I found this on a CD-Rom collection of net downloads. Don't know who the author is but I think it's an excellent rule-of-thumb guide.
- We are clear about our goals and how we intend to achieve them.
- We know and respect each other well enough to feel very comfortable and attuned working together.
- Our magick is ethical, designed for our growth and fulfillment and the benefit of those who request help, and it never used to harm others.
- We share the responsibilities of making the group work; every individual's contribution is important.
- We see each other socially outside the group, and support each other through difficulties.
- We enjoy. there is fun and laughter at our meetings.
- We work at learning magick. We dig deep, compare different sources, try new techniques, ask pointed questions, do it until we get it right.
- We keep ourselves healthy and fit in order to more readily channel power and receive insight.
- We keep our ritual area and tools orderly and clean.
- We constantly seek knowledge from many sources -- people, books, workshops, other paths...
- We do not make a virtue of authority and obedience, but treat each other as respected equals (regardless of the formal structure of the coven/parent organisation).
- We raise genuine power and channel it; our rituals are not tame readings or rote gestures, but filled with energy, vitality, will and purpose.